Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wit-Craft Wednesday





The following is my post on Wit-Craft, Craft: Tiny Trash Town

Recycling paper is a common theme in my crafts. I get overwhelmed when I stop and think about how much paper goes to waste. It's nothing new, we've all thought about it at one time or another. I'm sure most of us are careful to use only what we need and recycle.

Today I was thinking about the mass mailer machine. You know - all of those 20% off big box store fliers, carpet cleaning offers and phone service deals that keep landing in your mail box? You don't sign up for them and you don't really know how to stop them.

So I decided to use a few I had laying around to create a tiny trash town. It's a modified version of the holiday paper town but it's actually more fun. We really enjoyed seeing how the patterns would unfold. My daughter loves making these. They look cute on my desk too.

I have a new pattern available here with instructions. This pattern fits nicely on all those mass mailer post cards we get. You can always enlarge the pattern on your copier for bigger buildings. c.

No comments: