Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wit-Craft Wednesday



The following is my post on Wit-Craft, Craft: Valentine's Day Shadow Box

Just three days after Christmas, Target had all of their Valentine's Day items on display. It seems like every year the retailers push each holiday sooner and sooner. I got a little excited seeing all the red and pink because it got me thinking about how fast the winter is going and that we are getting closer to warmer days. I have to admit, those of us who live in the Midwest spend a lot of time dreaming about the four months out of the year that it's actually warm and sunny. By February/March we are almost mental about it!

Today's craft idea is a Valentine's Day Shadow Box. Why not make a little one of these to give instead of a card? You could make one with your son or daughter to give to a teacher or friend. I think most people would appreciate it's simple charm. Today g. and I decided to render her and her dog running through the grass. This little image dreams of warmer days and a dog that can run again.

Method:
•I began by using a wooden toy box and some scraps of card stock.
•Then I drew the scene on a piece of plain paper. Once your scene is drawn, you can cut out each piece separately and use the pieces as templates - to trace around.
•I found t3D mounts in the dollar section at Target and stacked them 2-6 high to make the paper lift off the background.

Stay tuned: next week I will have a few patterns available for download along with all the supply sources! c.

No comments: