Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cabin fever





Cabin fever is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in, for an extended period. Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, forgetfulness, laughter, and excessive sleeping.

We've got that, no doubt in my mind we are suffering. I think it's been almost 3 months since we've done much of anything outside. The temps are low and the snow is hanging around. If you were to visit us, say you lived in like Florida and jumped on a plane and landed in my kitchen. You would swear you were in the twilight zone.

I'm up to my eyeballs with work and tasks but we've taken a few moments over the last week to celebrate, shop and eat. It's the only way to stay sane-ish.

I'm obsessed with the color orange and the symbolism is not that subtle. I wonder if I should wait until June to decide if it's a good idea to put orange wallpaper up in my kitchen? c.

No comments: