Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Carving



I have been trying to find a new little craft project for little g. to play with, one that would magically keep her happy and busy for hours. I found one that has me busy and her happy, homemade stamps.

After a trip to JoAnn's then Michael's I finally ended up at Dick Blick, a place I try very hard to avoid because I am tempted to spend, spend, spend. I picked up the stamp ink at JoAnn's and some printing blocks and a Speedball carving tool at Dick Blick. With a pencil I drew out a design then used the Speedball to carve it. You could also print the shape then cut it out so that you could trace around it. That's what I did with the polar bear shape that I made a few days back. I think that stamp is a bit too big though. It's hard to get it to look uniform and little g. has trouble using it. The smaller ones work best. c.

No comments: