Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Grape tomatoes



I got this wonderful recipe for a tomato salad from my neighbor and I'm obsessing over it because it's so good. It's served on top of fresh mozzarella and it's very simple, light but filling and incredibly delicious.

What you'll need:
3 packages grape tomatoes cut in half
3-4 fresh leaves of basil
1/2 of a medium sized red onion chopped really small
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Italian seasoning (McCormick makes a blend)
Salt & Pepper (I used sea salt because I think it tastes better)
Fresh mozzarella
Serves 6

O.k, so I didn't measure but you'll want to be generous with the oil and balsamic and use the Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Just mix it all together with the onion and tomatoes and place it on top of 2-3 slices of fresh mozzarella. Yum, Yum, Yum. c.

No comments: