Friday, April 25, 2008

A stitch in time




I'm always looking for cute artwork for my daughter's room. I try to find unique or original things on a limited budget so when I came across this book I ordered it. I'm not sure what I was thinking because the last time I embroidered anything I was 12 years old and probably only did half the project before I opted to go play outside. Determined not to loose site of my mission I flipped through and was drawn to this page. Since I can't read Japanese instructions I took my inspiration from it, drew and embroidered (did you fall off your chair?) this piece on linen. I think once I frame it, it's going to look really cute in her room. I know this means that her teenage years will be all about hanging stuff on her walls that isn't cute. I totally get that. c.

No comments: