Thursday, July 2, 2009

You know you want them


Thinking of ways to get your hot little hands on a set of these cream cheese carrot cupcakes goddesses? I bet you are. I was going for a red, white and blue theme obviously, or was until the raspberries that were meant to adorn the fluffy little peaks like glistening red gems of patriotic spirit went all mushy while I wasn't looking. How dare them!

These little lovelies were picked up at our local bakery, but I have tried with much success when I'm feeling a lot less lazy this wonderful recipe.

Everyone got their own personal stash of highly explosive and incredibly dangerous fireworks handy? Now all I need is a 10 foot match, that'll make things safer. To this day I am still amazed that all 3 of my guy cousins emerged with 30 fingers between them, evenly distributed.

Actually the 4th of July tradition in this house is a lot less exciting. Our dog thinks that fireworks signal the end of life as we know it. By sundown on July 4th you will find us all on the floor of the closet with a dog that is in cardiac arrest munching on cupcakes. Happy 4th of July weekend to all of us here in the States. c.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Do you remember Shrinky Dinks? That is the first thought I had when I saw the flag on the cupcakes! Hope your 4th was wonderful.